Eric Frede has the headlines and highlights for Saturday, June 22nd, including an update on the investigation into Aaron Hernandez.
* The drama continued on Friday as more details come to light regarding Aaron Hernandez and his possible connection to a homicide. As of Friday night, three search warrants had been issued in connection with Hernandez, and an arrest warrant is still expected to be issued.
Former Patriot Rodney Harrison weighed in on the situation.
"The worst thing you can do right now is lie. The best thing [Hernandez] can do is be forthright, be honest and tell the truth because it's gonna come out no matter how smart he thinks he is, if he's trying to cover up something, there's a lot of other people a lot smarter than him."
* The on-again, off-again Doc Rivers-to-L.A. saga came to a sudden stop on Friday.
The Clippers had proposed adding a second-round pick to their offer for Rivers. But the Celtics rebuffed, having previously demanded an additional first-round pick.
* The Bruins departed for Chicago on Friday as they prepare for Game 5, to be played Saturday night. The winner of Game 5 will be within a single victory of the Stanley Cup, and the loser will need to win two in a row, at least one of which would be on the road.
* The Red Sox hammered out 17 hits in a 10-6 win over the Tigers.
Jon Lester picked up his first win since mid-May, but he was far from sharp.
Lester went 5 2/3 innings, allowing five earned runs.
He was backed by a big night from his offense.
Shane Victorino went 4-for-5 with 5 RBI.
Jose Iglesias and Stephen Drew each added three hits for the Sox.
Miguel Cabrera was 4-for-4 with a home run for the Tigers.
* For more on the day's events, check out the video above.