Each day, the Comcast SportsNet staff gathers in the early afternoon to discuss that evening's Arbella Early Edition show. And each afternoon, Gary Tanguay will post the minutes of that meeting, giving you an idea of what to expect on that night's show, which begins at 6:30 p.m.
DATE: Thursday, April 10, 2014
SITE: CSNNE Conference Room
TOPIC: Arbella Early Edition Content
ATTENDING: Nate “Not Thick But” Long; Jason “Andy’s Big Brother” Levine; Trenni “Get Off My Lawn” Kusnierek; Phil “Crushing the Red Sox Beat” Perry, and Kevin “No Relation to the Bruin” Miller. And featuring . . . Gary Tanguay.
1. I suggested we use the Ben Cherington sound bite from the D&C show on WEEI. Kirk Minihane asked Ben if the Sox would give Jon Lester a six-year deal. Tough question, but Ben is a really good guy who knows that question eeds to be asked. He handled it well and took 45 seconds to a minute to say “no.” Trenni and I will talk about this with Dan Shaughnessy, who will be at Yankee Stadium for the Sox-Yankees series.
2. Kevin Miller made a dramatic late entrance. By the way, our senior news director must have gotten a raise because he's dressing better. He had some nice shoes on today. (Me? I’m wearing flip flops.) Kevin wondered if we should lead with Jacoby Ellsbury in New York. Nate Long felt the big story is Clay Buchholz starting tonight. This is a big game for him. Both great points. I have a hot take on Jacoby: I feel he was unappreciated here in Boston. The guy had a hand in winning two World Series titles. So we'll talk Ellsbury and Buchholz in our 'A' block.
3. I'll ask Felger is the Bruins should rest players like Patrice Bergeron or play for the No. 1 overall seed and home-ice advantage throughout the Stanley Cup playoffs.
4. Shaughnessy and Andy Gresh will split the 'B' block. Dan will discuss Lester and who should hit leadoff for the Sox. Gresh will pontificate on a revival of the Yankees-Sox rivalry.
5. Our 'C' block will bring the return of Vanna. Trenni Kusnierek will move to the Ford Touch Screen and Gresh and I will rank the potential backup quarterbacks for Tom Brady. For example; Mallet, AJ McCarron, Manziel etc. . . .
That's the show on paper. Find out what really happens tonight at 6:30 on Arbella’s Early Edition.