By Justin Aucoin
This past Saturday, an alleged drunken fan jumped Pucky the Whale, the Connecticut Whale AHL team mascot over a bet. Hes now charged with assault and is banned from the XL Center.
Awesome. Hope it was worth it.
Of course, this isnt the first time that a New England hockey mascot had to deal with drunken hockey fan behavior recently. Surely we all remember Kung Fu Lucic Girl who blasted a hole the size of a toddler into a bathroom pillar in the Garden.
Which led to this wonderful commercial.
And it also got us us thinking:
1) How many beers would it take you to be willing to dropkick, say, Wally the Green Monster?
2) What are some other great mascot attacks there were caught on film?
Our lawyers wont allow us to answer question 1, but we can do a quick rundown of question 2.
In no particular order, here are some other great Mascot Attacks.
10. MSU Cheerleader tackles the Wisconsin Mascot
Two things we learned here: 1) Dont steal MSUs flag. 2) If an MSU cheerleader can hit like that, imagine what the linebackers can do.
9. Sean Michaels gives some sweet chin music
This is exactly what most of us probably wants to do to mascots.
8. Dumb high schoolers punch mascot
This is the type of video evidence you dont want to put on the Internet.
7. Ohio University vs. Ohio State Buckeyes
Things are bad when your mascot needs to set the tone for your team.
6. Houston Rockets mascot, Airhead Clutch, gobbles a cheerleader
This is the definition of 'WTF?'
5. Two men attack Sporty
What makes this news story is the fact that they interviewed the guy in his mascot outfit.
4. Oregon Ducks mascot beats down the Houston Cougar
Highly immature; highly hilarious. The taunting and pelvic thrusts by the Duck put this one over the top.
3. Kansas City chief mascot gets 15 yard penalty for piling after the whistle
Totally a 15-yarder. Also, why is the mascot a rat?
2. Barney vs. The Chicken
The heavy weight battle weve all dreamed of.
Apparently they had other run-ins. Who knew there was such a fierce rivalry?
Side note: Theres no better mascot than the Chicken. Hands down, The Best Ever.
1. Ace Ventura kicks the Eagles ass
By far, our favorite.
God, we love Ace.