By Bill Chuck
Special to CSNNE.com
Last night was Matsuzaka's 100th career start for the Sox. Here are some numbers to ponder:
1. He is 46-29 for his career. He is 23-16 at home and 23-13 on the road. In his 46 wins he has an ERA of 2.47. In his 29 losses, he has an ERA of 7.39. In his 25 no-decisions, he has an ERA of 4.82.
2. In 592.1 innings pitched he has surrendered 551 hits, walked 283 batters, struck out 546, has a batting average against of .240, a WHIP of 1.41 and an ERA of 4.28.
3. He averages 17.2 torturous pitches per inning and 102.5 pitches per start. He has one career complete game.
4. He has given up 63 homers, 131 doubles and 6 triples in his career.
5. He has had 46 games in which he has given five or fewer runs and 24 games giving up five or more. He has had eight games in which he has given up seven or more runs.
6. When he has 0-2 runs support, he has a 6-12 record; 3-5 runs support, he has a 15-16 record; and when he has six or more runs support, he is 25-1.
7. Leadoff batters of an inning are hitting .270 against him with a .365 OBP, and a .774 OPS.
8. He has held batters to a .221 batting average when there are runners in scoring position and RISP w2 outs, they are hitting only .180 against him.
9. He has a 21-11 record against teams with less than a .500 record with a 4.20 ERA. He is 25-18 against teams over .500 with a 4.34 ERA.