Sorry, Chad; even Pornhub has standards

657856.jpg

Sorry, Chad; even Pornhub has standards

On the average day, Id say no fewer than 15-20 press releases pass through my inbox. This is probably on the low side compared with what some other folks in this business have to deal with, but let me tell you: Its still enough to drive you crazy (or just shut down emotionally and delete every one before reading)

HEY!

Check out this restaurant youll never eat at!

And this exhibit youll never go see!

And can I interest you in an exclusive interview with some guy that no ones ever heard of?

Its tough.

But every once in a while you get a press release from the PR team at Pornhub, and you cant help but take notice.

Anyway, theres a little back story to this particular release.

Shortly after the world found out about what I assume the media has dubbed Condom Receiptgate, Pornhub reportedly offered Chad Johsnon and Evelyn Lozada 100K to film a make-up sex video.

But after having sometime to think it over and investigate the details, the premier destination for online adult entertainment got cold feet. Hence . . .

From: XXXXX@phubcommunications.com Subject: BREAKING NEWS: "Ochocinco" Video Offer Retracted Due To Past AbuseDate: August 16, 2012 10:37:04 AM EDTHi, As the latest news breaks of the alleged abusive relationship between Chad Johnson and his soon-to-be ex-wife Evelyn Lozada, Pornhub.com, the premier destination for online adult entertainment, is seeking to formally rescind its most recent offer to the former glamour pair.According to sources the abuse extends much beyond the incident of head-butting last week, prompting the following letter from Corey Price, Vice President of Pornhub:After reviewing the latest details of the allegations facing Chad Johnson (formerly Ochocinco), Pornhub.com, (the premier destination for online adult entertainment), has decided to retract its previous offer to Mr. Johnson and his wife, Evelyn Lozada, to star in a make up sex tape for a fee of 100,000.Pornhub and its affiliate sites do not endorse any form of mistreatment, whether physical, verbal or emotional, towards women.Wewish Mr. Johnson and Ms. Lozada the very best in their future endeavors.All the best,Corey Price

Gronkowski says he has 'no doubt' he'll be ready for start of next season

patriots_rob_gronkowski_injury_112716.jpg

Gronkowski says he has 'no doubt' he'll be ready for start of next season

When it comes to projecting Rob Gronkowski's health, it's been best to steer clear of absolutes. There have been too many injuries, too many surgeries, to predict exactly how he'll feel months in advance. 

Still, in speaking with ESPN's Cari Champion recently, he said he had "no doubt" he'll be ready for Week 1 of the 2017 regular season. 

"Yes, for sure," he replied when asked if he expected to be good to go. 

Gronkowski also fielded a question about his long-term future in the sit-down. Lately it's been his coach Bill Belichick and his quarterback Tom  Brady who receiver all the life-after-football queries, but Gronkowski, 27, was asked how much longer he'd like to play. 

"I’m not really sure," he said. "I mean, I still love playing the game, and as of right now, I want to play as long as I possibly could play. My mindset is to keep on going."

Gronkowski landed on season-ending injured reserve in December after undergoing a procedure on his back -- his third back surgery since 2009. He's had nine reported surgeries -- including procedures on his knee, forearm and ankle -- since his final year at the University of Arizona. 

Gronkowski doesn't think Goodell can visit Gillette: 'The fans are nuts'

Gronkowski doesn't think Goodell can visit Gillette: 'The fans are nuts'

At this point, there may be no getting out of it.

Roger Goodell chose to visit Atlanta twice in as many weeks during its run to a Super Bowl, and in the process he opted not to check in at Gillette Stadium for either the Divisional Round or the AFC title game. But once the Patriots won Super Bowl LI, many felt as though Goodell would simply have no choice but to attend the 2017 regular-season opener in Foxboro. 

There are those who are itching to have him visit. There are those who hope he stays away. In an interview with ESPN, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski didn't put himself in either camp, but he seemed to suggest that it might not be the best idea for the commissioner to show his face in New England.

"To tell you the truth, I really don’t think so," Gronkowski said when asked if Goodell could come back to Foxboro any time soon. "The fans are nuts, they’re wild, and they have the Patriots’ back no matter what. They have Tom’s back. I’m telling you, he won’t get through the highway if the fans saw him. I don’t even think he can even land in the airport in Boston because Patriot fans are the best fans, they’re the most loyal fans. I’m telling you, they might just carry out Roger themselves. They couldn’t even get to the stadium in Foxboro if he landed in Boston."

Goodell hasn't been to Gillette Stadium since Deflategate, but he said during Super Bowl week that he'd be happy to visit if he was invited.