FOXBORO -- The Patriots and Eagles got together for their final joint practice on Thursday morning, taking a walk-through before the Friday night preseason game at Gillette Stadium. The following are the details from the session, which ran for about an hour and a half.
After a crummy day of wet weather on Wednesday, the Patriots and Eagles were treated to a perfect day Thursday. It was about 75 degrees and sunny throughout the session.
Linebacker Jerod Mayo was out again for the third consecutive day. Still no word on what's keeping him out of practice, but it's looking unlikely that he'll play Friday after missing all three joint practices.
Ben Hartsock -- who was released on Thursday -- was not on the field, leaving the Patriots with just one full-participating tight end: Steve Maneri. DJ Williams and Michael Hoomanawanui have both missed several practices due to injury; Rob Gronkowski was on the field and dressed in shells and shorts on Thursday but continues to be a limited participant in practice. Terrence Miller was put on waivers on Wednesday and could land on injured reserve.
Williams and Hoomanawanui missed Thursday's walk-through, as did Cameron Gordon, James Anderson, Chris Martin, Jeremy Gallon, Chris Jones and Sealver Siliga.
WHAT THEY DID
Being that the workout was a walk-through, the 7-on-7, 11-on-11 and special teams work was done at half-speed.
After the typical installation and warmup periods, the Patriots and Eagles did some red zone work. They began with running plays from the five-yard line and they moved back a couple of yards to the seven. The two periods were split by some onsides kick work.
The 11-on-11 periods were an opportunity to mix and match with various personnel in different down-and-distance situations.
WHAT WE SAW
* Bryan Stork was on the field, though not wearing his shells of helmet. He took part in the stretching period, but that was the extent of his participation.
* Two new players on the field for New England today. Both Jerel Worthy and Ben Bass were present -- Worthy was wearing No. 97; Bass was not in uniform. The Patriots traded for the two defensive linemen on Tuesday. They sent the Packers a conditional draft pick for Worthy and sent the Cowboys cornerback Justin Green for Bass.
* Gronkowski got some extra receiving reps with tight ends coach Brian Daboll while both teams worked on onsides kicks.
* Nate Solder left the practice with about 15 minutes remaining. He was accompanied by a team staffer, but the reason for his departure was unknown.
* One difference from last week's walk-through with the Redskins, per colleague Mike Giardi, was that Tom Brady and other New England starters appeared to get more half-speed reps. That could potentially be an indication that we'll see some of those players for a handful of plays on Friday night. In last week's preseason game, many starters were in uniform but did not participate.
* Gronkowski caught a touchdown pass while working on air with Tom Brady and five other teammates. Julian Edelman and Gronkowski both feigned excitement, which appeared to be the most emotion shown all day.
* Hard to have a bad day in a walk-through. Didn't notice any blatant missteps.