Patriots send tweets correcting New York Times attendance photos

Patriots send tweets correcting New York Times attendance photos

After missing a lot of players at the White House Wednesday -- some of whom chose not to go because of Donald Trump -- the Patriots are on the defensive when it comes to the presentation of their attendance. 

A New York Times tweet with pictures from the 2015 and 2017 visits, which presented a much larger group in the 2015 visit. The Patriots then sent out a tweet stressing that the staffers not seen in the 2017 photo were seated elsewhere. 

The Patriots then sent out another tweet saying that they didn’t have a large attendance the last time they’d won their second in three years either. 

The Times sent a follow-up tweet clarifying the lack of context.

Report: Hernandez jurors were invited to funeral

Report: Hernandez jurors were invited to funeral

A member of the jury that acquitted Aaron Hernandez of double-murder said jurors were invited to Hernandez’s funeral by defense attorney Jose Baez, The Boston Herald reported. 

Hernandez, the former Patriots tight end who was already serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd when he was acquitted in the 2012 double-murder in Boston, killed himself in his prison cell last week. His funeral was in his hometown of Bristol, Connecticut on Monday. 

One juror told the Herald that Baez offered to pay for bus to have jury attend funeral. 

More from the Herald report: 

“I was invited, but I decided ultimately not to go,” said Robert Monroe, one of 12 jurors who on April 14 acquitted Hernandez of the murders of Cape Verdean immigrants Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28. Both were living in Dorchester.

“I received a message, if any of the jurors wanted to go to the Aaron Hernandez funeral, that [Hernandez’s attorney] Jose Baez would rent a bus to get us back and forth,” Monroe told the Herald today.

 

Report: Giants, Blount have 'mutual interest'

Report: Giants, Blount have 'mutual interest'

The Patriots’ offseason activity with regard to running backs essentially ended LeGarrette Blount’s time in New England. Now he’s looking for his next team. 

According to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, there is “mutual interest” between Blount and the Giants. 

Blount played last season on a one-year, $1 million in New England. Though he is coming off a career-best 1,161 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns, the 30-year-old’s spot on New England’s roster disappeared with the team’s acquisitions of Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee. 

The Patriots officially acquired Gillislee on a two-year contract Monday when the Bills declined to match New England’s contract offer to the restricted free agent. By declining to match, the Bills received a fifth-round pick from the Pats for the 26-year-old.