New England NCAA football scores: October 1

New England NCAA football scores: October 1

Amherst 20, Bowdoin 3
Bates 28, Tufts 9
Becker 20, Husson 14
Brown 35, Rhode Island 21
Duquesne 31, Bryant 28
Endicott 55, Curry 7
Fitchburg State 28, Coast Guard 21
Framingham State 26, Massachusetts Maritime 0
Gallaudet 48, Anna Maria 40
Hamilton 7, Wesleyan 6
Harvard 31, Lafayette
Lehigh 37, Yale 7
Maine 31, Delaware 17
Maritime (NY) 56, Castleton State 14
Merrimack 58, Saint Anslem 7
Middlebury 41, Colby 15
New Hampshire 39, Holy Cross 32
New Haven 52, Stonehill 23
Norwich 31, Mount Ida 17
Old Dominion 48, UMass 33
Plymouth State 27, Nichols 14
Pennsylvania 22, Dartmouth 20
Rowan 51, Western Connecticut 14
Sacred Heart 37, Central Connecticut State 24
Springfield 41, Merchant Marine 21
Southern Connecticut State 38, Assumption 24
Trinity 21, Williams 13
Union 34, WPI 31
UMass Dartmouth 31, MIT 29
Wake Forest 27, Boston College 19
Western Michigan 38, Connecticut 31
Western New England 12, Salve Regina 9
Worcester State 39, Maine Maritime 22

Francona misses second game this month because of health issues

Francona misses second game this month because of health issues

CLEVELAND -- Indians manager Terry Francona missed Tuesday night's game against Texas after his second trip to the hospital this month.

The Indians said doctors for now have ruled out major health issues and Francona will be monitored the next several weeks.

Francona, 58, left Monday night's game because he wasn't feeling well. He spent several hours at Cleveland Clinic and underwent a series of tests.

Francona was released from the hospital on Tuesday and spent the rest of the day at home. He was expected to return to the dugout Wednesday when the Indians host the Rangers. Cleveland lost to Texas 2-1 on Tuesday.

Bench coach Brad Mills ran the team in Francona's absence. Cleveland began the day in first place in the AL Central after rallying for a 15-9 win Monday.

"Tito actually wanted to come back to the ballpark today," team president Chris Antonetti said Tuesday. "I told him he can't come back to the ballpark today. He only got a couple hours of sleep last night, so despite his desire to want to be here, I thought it was best that he gets some rest tonight and just come back tomorrow. His plan when he was getting released from the hospital was to come over here."

"I don't think he was exceedingly happy with me," Antonetti said with a laugh. "That's OK."

Francona was hospitalized June 13 following a game at Progressive Field. He underwent tests and was released a few hours later, returning to work the following night. Last August, he missed a game after experiencing chest pains but was back the next day.

"Thankfully, we've got some great doctors that are coordinating his care," Antonetti said. "They've done every test they can possibly imagine. They've all come back clean. They're now working to try to figure out what are some of those things that are causing him to not feel so well."

Francona, a close friend of Mills for several years, has retained his sense of humor through his health issues.

A statement released by the team Tuesday read, "Mr. Francona also wanted to express that medical personnel have not yet ruled out an allergy to Bench Coach Brad Mills."