Chris Paul out for two months after surgery

862023.jpg

Chris Paul out for two months after surgery

From Comcast SportsNet
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb, an injury that occurred last month before he played for the U.S. in the London Olympics. The team said Paul had the surgery Tuesday and he is expected to be sidelined for eight weeks. That means the All-Star guard wouldn't resume basketball activities until mid-October. The Clippers open the season on Oct. 31 against Memphis. The Clippers said Paul got hurt during the U.S. training camp in Las Vegas. Despite the injury, he went on to lead the U.S. men's team to a gold medal in London. Paul started all eight games in the Olympics, averaging 8.3 points, 5.1 assists and a tournament-best 2.5 steals. Paul is the second Clippers star to have surgery this summer. All-Star forward Blake Griffin had arthroscopic surgery on July 16 to repair the medial meniscus tear of his left knee that he suffered while training with the U.S. team. The injury forced him to miss the Olympics, but he is expected to be ready for the start of the season.

Isaiah Thomas diligently studying film at midnight on Friday

boston-celtics-isaiah-thomas-50817.jpg

Isaiah Thomas diligently studying film at midnight on Friday

Isaiah Thomas appears to be channeling the New England Patriots' "No days off" slogan.

The Boston Celtics guard spent Friday night, in the middle of the NBA offseason, studying film. He was up past midnight to take a look at Boston Celtics' game tape, according to ESPN.com's Chris Foresberg, who posted a picture on Twitter of Thomas hard at work.

Thomas finished the 2016-17 season with 28.9 points per game, 5.9 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 33.8 minutes. He helped the Celtics earn the NBA Eastern Conference's No. 1 seed, and contributed a handful of clutch performances as Boston charged to the Eastern Conference finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers, who won the series, 4-1.

Jaylen Brown tweets his Drive-By Dunk Challenge

jaylen-brown-drive-by-dunk.jpg

Jaylen Brown tweets his Drive-By Dunk Challenge

Celtics forward Jaylen Brown joined in the Drive-By Dunk Challenge and tweeted a video that captured his thunderous slam.

MORE

We're thinking that's not a regulation height rim.

And the All-Star dunk contest next year might have to be sanctioned by NASCAR.