Here are five thoughts from the second period with the Bruins and Lightning wrapped in a scoreless tie during Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals with a Stanley Cup Finals date on the line at TD Garden.
1) No penalties through 2 periods. First time that's happened in the series. It's the way it should be in a Game 7 situation. Great job by Stephen Walkom and Dan O'Halloran.
2) Patrice Bergeron and David won 20 out of 27 faceoffs in first two periods. Dominant performances. That's won face-off battle has won series.
3) Dwayne Roloson with 29 saves through 2 periods as the Lightning have climbed into 1-3-1 trap mode for pretty much the entire game. He looks like a guy that's 7-0 in elimination games.
4) Dennis Seidenberg is part manpart beast tonight. A team-high five blocked shots and 18 plus minutes of ice time to lead both teams.
5) Amazing watching Steve Stamkos take a Johnny Boychuk smoked slap shot directly to the face -- and then return later in the period when it's clear his nose was obliterated by his visor crashing down into. Blood leaking all over the ice as he rushed off for repairs, but he returned later in the period. Have to be concerned if you're a member of Bruins Nation as the hockey gods look favorably on that kind of valour.