David Ortiz, who was voted the Red Sox' MVP by the Boston baseball writers for three straight years from 2004-06, completed his season of comeback by winning the award yet again.
The 75th annual Boston Baseball Writers Dinner, hosted by the Boston chapter of the BBWAA and the Sports Museum, will be held at the Westin Copley Place on Thursday, Jan. 23 at 6 p.m., and Ortiz will be honored as the Red Sox' 2013 MVP. He is one of 17 people who will be honored at the dinner. The complete list of award-winners to date:
RED SOX AWARDS
- THOMAS A. YAWKEY MEMORIAL AWARD (RED SOX MVP): David Ortiz
- RED SOX PITCHER OF THE YEAR: Jon Lester
- HARRY AGGANIS MEMORIAL AWARD (RED SOX ROOKIE OF THE YEAR): Jose Iglesias
- TOMMY McCARTHY MEMORIAL GOOD GUY AWARD: David Ross
- JACKIE JENSEN AWARD (SPIRIT AND DETERMINATION): Jonny Gomes
- UNSUNG HERO AWARD: Craig Breslow
- COMEBACK PLAYER AWARD: John Lackey
- GREG MONTALBANO MINOR LEAGUE AWARD: Xander Bogaerts
- MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD: John Farrell
- TED WILLIAMS AWARD (MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL'S OUTSTANDING HITTER): Miguel Cabrera
- EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR: Ben Cherington
- BEN MONDOR AWARD (NEW ENGLAND PLAYER OF THE YEAR): Matt Harvey
- DAVE O'HARA AWARD (LONG AND MERITORIOUS SERVICE TO BBWAA): Bill Ballou
Other awards to be given (the winners have not yet been chosen) are the Judge Emil Fuchs Memorial Award for long and meritorious service to baseball; the former Red Sox player award; the Tony Conigliaro Award for spirit, determination and courage; the Tim Wakefield Award for community service, and the Lou Gorman Award for passion and persistence.
Individual tickets are available for $200, and a table (10 tickets) can be reserved for $2,000. For more information, call 617-624-1231.