BALTIMORE -- Quotes, notes and Stars from the Red Sox' 7-2 win over the Orioles.
"He was able to neutralize their top half (of the lineup) and that was the biggest thing.'' - John Farrell on Steven Wright.
"He never broke stride, continued in a full-out gait around third base. It was a good heads-up play on his part.'' - Farrell on Mookie Betts scoring all the way from second on a swinging bunt.
"It kind of throws them off because then if I leave one up, I'm hoping the difference in the speed will get them out front.'' - Steven Wright on changing speeds on the knuckleball.
"Yeah, I do. Off the field. Not when I'm at the park, but off the field, I do.'' - Xander Bogaerts, acknowledging that he does think about his ongoing hitting streak.
"It was amazing. Hitting my first home run and putting us ahead three (more) runs, it's awesome.'' - Marco Hernandez on his first major league home run.
* Xander Bogaerts extended his hitting streak to 23 games with two doubles.
* Marco Hernandez's three-run homer in the eighth inning was his first major league homer.
* Mookie Betts has now reached in 13 straight games against the Orioles.
* Betts has scored 14 runs in his last 11 games.
* In his last seven games, David Ortiz is 14-for-28 in his last seven games.
* Ortiz has seven homers in his last 12 games at Camden Yards and 12 homers in his last 16 games here.
* Ortiz has homered in each of his last three games, the 18th time in his career that he's done that.
* Steven Wright tossed a career-high 122 pitches.
* Wright became the third Red Sox starter to toss three consecutive complete games on the road since Roger Clemens in 1991-92.
1) Steven Wright
Wright's third complete game of the season was a gem, with just four hits allowed - just three them into the outfield. He's got a 1.79 ERA on the road this season.
2) Xander Bogaerts
In addition to extending his hitting streak to 23 games, Bogaerts had two doubles and knocked in two runs.
3) Marco Hernandez
Hernandez's first big league homer was a big one, extending what had been a two-run lead to a five-run cushion with a three-run blast in the eighth