News and notes from the world of hockey:
- Daryl Sutter begins interviewing himself after too many questions about goalie Ben Scrivens, who didn’t play in the Kings’ latest game. That’s one way to handle things.
- Don Cherry is “really upset” over Shawn Thornton jumping Brooks Orpik in the first period of last night’s game.
- An interesting conundrum: Should prospects drafted by the same organization avoid hurting each other while playing in lower levels of hockey.
- A pretty interesting look at Jarome Iginla’s time with the Penguins from a Pittsburgh point of view. It’s not very flattering.
- Tyler Seguin dropped a hat trick on the Philadelphia Flyers, and ended his own personal offensive slump. The critics of the Seguin/Eriksson trade should be out in full force after this weekend.
- Ryan Getzlaf is off to a great start this season, and the Anaheim Ducks are reaping the benefits.
- Harrison Mooney asks whether it’s time for the Nashville Predators to think about making a change with Barry Trotz.
- John Tortorella is changing the mindset of the Vancouver Canucks, and it’s pretty clear to see the difference.
- For something completely different: Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose go over the NBA season at the “Birdmester.”