Jonathan Toews said that he welcomes more tests for PEDs in the world of the NHL and professional hockey.
- Claude Giroux suffers a serious hand injury after a “golf mishap” results in a piece of his club cutting him open after it broke off into pieces. He likely won’t miss any of the season, but the accident sounds awfully bizarre.
- Daniel Alfredsson said that he left the Ottawa Senators for the Wings in free agency after contract negotiations hit a stalemate.
- The New Jersey Devils ownership group says they are in it for the long haul, and that’s good news for the perennially cash-strapped hockey organization.
- Here’s a Swedish website devoted to some of the new Boston Bruins prospects drafted out of the Swedish League.
- Mike Green could be primed for a big season with the Washington Capitals, the signs of which we saw in the second half of last year. He single-handedly destroyed the Bruins on one occasion.
- For something completely different: Dave Chappelle is returning to the spotlight, and his new standup sounds pretty good. No surprise there. Now we just need to get him back on television.