· A hockey dad attacks a 14-year-old player on the opposing team in another example of why hockey parents are the absolute worst. Not all of them, but there are far too many that engage in this type of behavior.
· Alex Ovechkin continues to be a breath of fresh air for the NHL as he gets off to a strong start this season.
· Jordan Eberle and the Oilers are already talking about “must wins” in October, and that’s probably not a good thing for the Edmonton Oilers.
· George Parros speaks with FOH (Friend of Haggs) Pat Hickey about the risks of fighting, which he understands completely.
· Larry Brooks makes a plea for the New York Rangers to go after free agent Vinny Prospal given the current offensive issues facing the Blueshirts.
· Check out the new helmet given out to the Calgary Flames’ Player of the Game, which features a tribute to local firefighters in Calgary.
· A list of eight things that could help punish teams and players for acts of brutality on the ice. Most of these are utterly unrealistic, but the effort to clean up the game is appreciated.
· For something completely different: A little Unfiltered action for everybody’s viewing pleasure.