Melancon: Bailey won't be ready to start season

Melancon: Bailey won't be ready to start season
April 2, 2012, 5:45 pm
Share This Post

According to Red Sox reliever Mark Melancon, Andrew Bailey (thumb) won't be ready to start the season with the Red Sox.

"Unfortunately Andrew is out and he's not going to start the season with the team," Melancon told the Boston Herald. "But he's going to be healthy. He's going to be fine. It won't be long."

Chalk this up as another case of a Red Sox player breaking team injury news before the team can make an official announcement. Before reporters knew anything, Alfredo Aceves told them he had been warned that he may have to start the second game of the season in place of Josh Beckett.

Man, would these guys make poor Patriots.

More to come . . .

    Advertisement