Lillibridge feels bad for crying White Sox fan

801560.jpg

Lillibridge feels bad for crying White Sox fan

BOSTON Yes, Brent Lillibridge has seen the video.

His now ex-teammate Gordon Beckham texted him Sunday night to tell the most recent Red Sox acquisition to check it out.

I feel so bad for him, Lillibridge said.

Lillibridge is referring, of course, to 5-year-old Corban DeWitt, who was inconsolable when he found out the White Sox had traded his favorite guy, along with right-hander Zach Stewart, to the Red Sox for Kevin Youkilis.

Dont worry Corban. Good news is on the way. Lillibridge is trying to get in touch with you to send you a few things to make the separation a little easier.

Hell probably grow up thinking I used to like him? Lillibridge said with a laugh.

Here's the video:

Top Red Sox prospect Sam Travis out for year with torn ACL

tr_abraham053116_1280x720_695917123927.jpg

Top Red Sox prospect Sam Travis out for year with torn ACL

As good as things have gone for the Red Sox so far in 2016, their 2017 prospects took a bit of a blow over the weekend.

Sam Travis -- one of the organization's top prospects, and someone who opened a lot of eyes with an impressive spring-training showing this year -- suffered a torn ACL on Sunday while playing for the Pawtucket Red Sox and will be lost for the rest of the season. He was hurt while playing first base, collapsing as he chased down an opposition baserunner during a rundown play. He had to be helped off the field, and the extent of the injury was announced on Monday.

With David Ortiz retiring at the end of this season and Hanley Ramirez expected to replace him as the full-time designated hitter, the door was open for Travis to become the Red Sox' first baseman next year. Playing at Triple-A for the first time, the 22-year-old Travis -- honored by the Red Sox as their Minor League Offensive Player of the the Year in 2015 -- was hitting .272/.332/.434 with 10 doubles, 6 home runs and 29 RBI in 47 games.

Now, however, it's almost a complete certainty Travis won't be able to start next season in Boston. And depending on what the Red Sox do in the offseason to replace Ortiz, such as a signing a free agent to a multiyear contract, Travis' path upward in the Sox organization may become less wide open . . . if not blocked.