BOSTON -- The Red Sox avenged Thursday night's embarrassing loss by turning the table on the Indians with an 8-2 victory behind John Lackey's strong outing.
* The Sox batted around in their four-run seventh inning, and have now batted around seven times in an inning this season.
* Dustin Pedroia went 2-for-4 with two RBI, and is now is now batting .333, going 64-for-192 on the season, including a .391 mark (36-for-92) at home...He has reached safely in 24 of 25 home games, and has hit safely in 15 of his last 16 games overall, batting .400 ( 26-for-65).
* Jarrod Saltalamacchia’s seventh-inning double extended his career-high on-base streak to 14 games (in which he's had a plate appearance) since May 6. He is batting .319, going 15-for-47 with six walks in that stretch.
* David Ortiz reached base in three of four plate appearances, going 1-for-2 with two walks and a runs scored. He has reached base safely in each of his last 13 games since May 10, batting .354, going 17-for-48, with four home runs, 17 RBI, and seven walks.
* Mike Napoli’s second-inning single extended his hit streak to seven games, matching a season high.
* Jose Iglesias, playing third base for the first time in his big league career, had two chances in the game, recording the first and the final fielding plays of the game. He went 1-for-3 with a run scored and two strikeouts, and is now batting .435.
* The start of the game was delayed for 44 minutes because of inclement weather.