Crawford's wrist 'fine,' waiting on elbow

686238.jpg

Crawford's wrist 'fine,' waiting on elbow

BOSTON Left fielder Carl Crawford said his left wrist, on which he had surgery in mid-January, is fine, but hes waiting for his left elbow to heal. Crawford was moved from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list on May 2.

Right now Im just still letting it rest up, trying to do little exercises with it right now, just waiting for the clearance from the doctor basically, Crawford said.

The pain from the shot just went away so now I think were going into another transition where we might start doing exercises with it. I still havent been able to throw yet. Im still a couple of weeks from throwing.

He may need to throw for a couple of weeks to get back to full health, but he is not sure.

In an ideal situation, yes, but I can't honestly tell you when, he said.

I think I should start hitting in a couple of weeks, pretty soon. I think Im going to actually start hitting before I throw.

Hes not sure of the progression once he does start throwing.

I hope its fast but I really dont know, he said. Im kind of going on what the doctors, whatever kind of program they make for me Im just going to try to follow that and let them know how I feel afterwards. But I hope its a quick one.

The good news is his wrist is healthy.

The wrist is doing fine, knock on wood, he said. Hopefully I dont have any more setbacks with that, but the wrist is actually feeling real good. The wrist is ready to go. Thats what stinks about this whole process: the wrist finally got well and I had this setback. So if the elbow was fine, Id be ready to go.

I definitely want to be out there. No secret about that but I just kind of have to go at the pace that they have me go. I can't go too fast or anything like that. I just have to be patient.

You just want to at least be able to see the team all together so you could see what we can do together but its frustrating not having everybody out there knowing what a lot of guys could be doing and we could help the team, so its a little frustrating."

Sandoval: I got lazy after signing big contract with Red Sox

Sandoval: I got lazy after signing big contract with Red Sox

The Pablo Sandoval redemption tour is underway as the former World Series MVP tries to revive his career after two disastrous seasons with the Red Sox organization.

In an interview with ESPN Deportes, he admits to being “complacent” during his first two seasons in Boston after signing a five-year, $95 million deal. 

"My career had fallen into an abyss because I was so complacent with things that I had already accomplished," Sandoval said. "I did not work hard in order to achieve more and to remain at the level of the player that I am and that I can be."

After dealing Travis Shaw to the Brewers, Sandoval is expected to be the Red Sox primary third baseman in 2017.

"I am not taking anything for granted," he said. "I am here to work hard. I'm not thinking about the position or not. I am starting from scratch, and I am here to show what I can do on the field."

The 30-year-old says he’s following a “really strict routine” this offseason, and it shows. In a recent photo, Sandoval appears noticeably thinner. Sandoval says his wife giving birth to “Baby Panda” has served as inspiration.

"Watching 'Baby Panda' grow up and that he gets the opportunity to see his father play in the majors for seven, eight more years, to get back to the success I had, that's my motivation every day," Sandoval said. "The people that I surround myself with now and my family, they are the key to my success. This has been a life lesson."

Tanguay: Could Red Sox ownership be going for it now, then sell the team?

Tanguay: Could Red Sox ownership be going for it now, then sell the team?

Could John Henry sell ownership of the Boston Red Sox anytime soon, or does he want to keep winning?  Shaughnessy, Merloni, and Tanguay debate.