BOSTON - Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 9-4 win over the Tampa Bay Rays
"Rick has been the model of consistency.'' - John Farrell on starter Rick Porcello
"It means that we have a heck of a team, really. The runs we put up, and I don't think anybody talks about our defense.'' - Porcello, asked about the significance of being baseball's first 18-game winner.
"It's cool to be a part of that, but we're in a race right now and that's way more important.'' - Mookie Betts on the crowd chants of "MVP!" during his at-bat.
* Hanley Ramirez has nine extra-base hit in the last 15 games.
* Opposing baserunners have stolen only 54 percent of the time when Sandy Leon is behind the plate, the lowest figure for any Red Sox catcher (minimum 20 games) since 1987
* Brock Holt tied a season high with three hits, including two with two outs and runners in scoring position.
* Mookie Betts set a career high with 72 extra-base hits.
* Betts became the third player in franchise history to have a 30-homer season before the age of 24. Ted Williams and Tony Conigliaro are the others.
* Betts has five homers and 13 RBI in his last five home games.
* Rick Porcello is just the fifth major league pitcher since 1913 to begin a season 13-0 at home
* Porcello is the third Red Sox pitcher to win 18 of his first 21 decisions after Cy Young (1902) and Daisuke Matsuzaka (2008)
* David Ortiz leads the majors in doubles, slugging percentage and OPS.
1) Rick Porcello
The righthander became the first 18-game winner in the big leagues and he did it by supplying seven innings for the sixth straight start while improving to 13-0 at home.
2) Mookie Betts
Betts gave the Red Sox an early lead with his 30th homer of the year, becoming the third player in franchise history to reach that milestone before the age of 24.
3) Travis Shaw
Shaw broke out of a month-long slump with a three-hit game, including a double, to go along with two RBI.