Sorry, Chad; even Pornhub has standards

657856.jpg

Sorry, Chad; even Pornhub has standards

On the average day, Id say no fewer than 15-20 press releases pass through my inbox. This is probably on the low side compared with what some other folks in this business have to deal with, but let me tell you: Its still enough to drive you crazy (or just shut down emotionally and delete every one before reading)

HEY!

Check out this restaurant youll never eat at!

And this exhibit youll never go see!

And can I interest you in an exclusive interview with some guy that no ones ever heard of?

Its tough.

But every once in a while you get a press release from the PR team at Pornhub, and you cant help but take notice.

Anyway, theres a little back story to this particular release.

Shortly after the world found out about what I assume the media has dubbed Condom Receiptgate, Pornhub reportedly offered Chad Johsnon and Evelyn Lozada 100K to film a make-up sex video.

But after having sometime to think it over and investigate the details, the premier destination for online adult entertainment got cold feet. Hence . . .

From: XXXXX@phubcommunications.com Subject: BREAKING NEWS: "Ochocinco" Video Offer Retracted Due To Past AbuseDate: August 16, 2012 10:37:04 AM EDTHi, As the latest news breaks of the alleged abusive relationship between Chad Johnson and his soon-to-be ex-wife Evelyn Lozada, Pornhub.com, the premier destination for online adult entertainment, is seeking to formally rescind its most recent offer to the former glamour pair.According to sources the abuse extends much beyond the incident of head-butting last week, prompting the following letter from Corey Price, Vice President of Pornhub:After reviewing the latest details of the allegations facing Chad Johnson (formerly Ochocinco), Pornhub.com, (the premier destination for online adult entertainment), has decided to retract its previous offer to Mr. Johnson and his wife, Evelyn Lozada, to star in a make up sex tape for a fee of 100,000.Pornhub and its affiliate sites do not endorse any form of mistreatment, whether physical, verbal or emotional, towards women.Wewish Mr. Johnson and Ms. Lozada the very best in their future endeavors.All the best,Corey Price

Report: Three NFL owners want Goodell out

goodell.jpg

Report: Three NFL owners want Goodell out

According to a site called The Daily Caller, a news site founded by conservative pundit Tucker Carlson, there are three NFL owners who want Roger Goodell out as commissioner. 

"I don't like him," one owner said. "I think it's time for a new commissioner."

Another owner told The Daily Caller, "He's doing things to make himself known, whereas past commissioners have acted only to make the league better. He is creating too many rules that make the game uninteresting. He can be accurately compared to our massive federal government."

A third owner took umbrage with Goodell's salary, which was estimated at about $34 million for last year.

"He’s a figure head that makes a lot more than the people risking their lives and futures every snap when he’s on his couch watching the games," the third owner said. 

Brady legal team adds former Solicitor General Olson

floioqs1461632751957_3450k_1280x720_673632835829.jpg

Brady legal team adds former Solicitor General Olson

Tom Brady’s legal team has added another heavy hitter with Supreme Court experience and has filed a motion for more time to mull another appeal.

Former US Solicitor General Ted Olson, who has argued more than 60 cases before the Supreme Court, has been added as counsel in the wake of the Patriots quarterback’s Deflategate suspension being reinstated. 

Sports Illustrated legal analyst and University of New Hampshire law professor Michael McCann calls the move the "clearest sign yet they will exhaust their appeals rather than give up."

In addition to filing a notice Friday that added Olson, the NFLPA, on behalf of Brady, requested an extension of the window to appeal the Second Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision that reinstated the four-game suspension imposed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The window is normally 14 days and this motion requests and additional two-week extension. 

From the court filing:

”The Court's opinion will affect the rights of every player in the NFL. Accordingly, the NFLPA and its members would benefit from additional time to analyze the implications of the decision for labor-management relations between the NFL and the NFLPA."

Olson, 75, was assistant attorney general from 1981-84 and Solicitor General under President George W. Bush from 2001-04. He has won 75 percent of his Supreme Court cases, which include two Bush v. Gore cases.
 

Patriots could take a chance on free-falling UCLA LB Myles Jack

ucla-myles-jack-nfl-draft.jpg

Patriots could take a chance on free-falling UCLA LB Myles Jack

Myles Jack would have been better off with a gas mask than the truth. The UCLA linebacker that figured to be a top-five pick parachuted out of the first round entirely after acknowledging he’ll need microfracture surgery. 

“[The degenerative problems are] there, but it’s nothing extreme,” Jack said. “Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery — potentially. Who knows what will happen? Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average.”

And over the falls Jack went. This is not conjecture. Panthers GM Dave Gettleman said that if it weren’t for Jack offering his take on his medical future, he wouldn’t have fallen. 

Asked if he was surprised Jack fell, Gettleman said, “Not after what he said today, very frankly. The kid came out and said he is going to need a microfracture.” 

Laremy Tunsil, he of the aforementioned gas mask, only slipped to 13. Though we’ve heard many times, you can’t fix stupid, NFL teams were willing to take a risk on a kid like Tunsil who is healthy physically but moronic enough to allow someone to fix a camera on him while he smokes weed.

But not Jack. What’s pertinent on Friday as the second and third rounds draw closer is how far will Jack drop and whether the Patriots would be willing to make a move to go up and get him.

It’s spitballing we’ve been doing with Notre Dame’s Jaylon Smith all week as well. 

Indications I’ve gotten are that the Patriots would indeed be willing to take the risk with Jack but that there’s much more concern about Smith, who’s got nerve damage in the wake of his January knee blowout.

With the Patriots holding four picks on Friday, the opportunity is there for the team to roll the dice a bit. They’ll want to get one surefire contributor who figures to be a safe pick. But with the roster as well-stocked as it is, rolling the dice on first-round talent that’s slipped down the board could also be in play.

To get Jack, the Patriots may have to move up into the 30s. Conjecture has been that he won’t last long once Round 2 begins.
 
Amazing the Pandora’s Box opened by going to Vegas, leaning on integrity of the game.