Gary Tanguay is joined by Patriots Football Weekly's Andy Hart and the Boston Herald's Steve Buckley and their talking overunders for the Pats this season.
Sacks for Chandler Jones: Overunder 7:
Tanguay and Hart go with the over for the rookie, who has been impressive in camp. Buckley, however, goes with the under. "He's got a lot to learn and he's never had more than 4 12 in a season," he said.
A 1,000-yard rusher: Overunder 12:
All three didn't think either Stevan Ridley or Shane Vereen would reach the 1,000-yard mark.
Rob Gronkowski touchdowns: Overunder 13.5:
Hart goes with the under. "I think it's really hard to get 14 touchdowns, he said.
Buckley agreed. "He may end up having a better season helping the Patriots, but not a better season statistically."
And finally, wins for the Pats: Overunder 13.5
Hart goes with the under. "Again, it's awfully hard to win 14 games," he said.
Buckley goes the with the under. "So much has to go right," he said.
The Patriots had their share of good and bad in the first half of their preseason game with the Panthers on Friday. Here's who we saw as some of the team's top performers, as well as some of the players who may have to make some corrections in the second half.
* Tom Brady was only 3-for-9 in his four series, but he completed his passes for 76 yards and a touchdown. His touchdown pass to Chris Hogan might have been the best throw of the preseason for any Patriots quarterback as he hit Hogan in stride, over the shoulder, for a 33-yard gain. Brady was close to having a second touchdown pass, but it glanced off the out-stretched hands tight end Martellus Bennett in the back of the end zone. Brady was nearly picked on his final drive, again trying to hit Bennett. He was sacked on his final play of the half.
* Jimmy Garoppolo had a difficult time early in this one. He was 5-for-9 for 37 yards, and he picked up an intentional grounding penalty. Garoppolo also was strip-sacked by Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis, but James White recovered.
* Chris Long had a standout half with two pressures, a pass-breakup that led to a Devin McCourty pick, and he drew a hold. The veteran defensive end has shown a good motor and a knack for getting to the quarterback in each of New England's first three preseason games.
* Logan Ryan also had a strong first half in his preseason debut. His first five targets in coverage resulted in no completions, an offensive pass interference penalty and an interception. His former college teammate Duron Harmon also had a pick of Panthers backup Derek Anderson.
* Nate Solder allowed the pressure that eventually led to the sack of Brady by Kony Ealy. He also was flagged for a false start. Being that it's the third preseason game -- when starters typically go deep into the game -- he'll likely have a chance to redeem himself in the second half.
Steve Buckley and Lou Merloni ponder on whether the Boston Red Sox bullpen could get them through a World Series.
Hear what John Farrell and some of the players had to say about Andrew Benintendi's injury. Sean McAdam discusses possible replacements for the outfielder.