One more quick post before we call it a day.
I was just skimming through the Celtics team playoff stats, and through five games, there have certainly be a few strange developments.
Here are three:
1. Rajon Rondo is shooting better from the foul line than Ray Allen. Not that Rondo's been any good he's only 5 for 9. But Ray is an unholy 4 for 8 from the stripe. (This is where I'm supposed to make a "maybe the Mayans were right" joke, but I'm afraid that if we all keep doing that it might actually come true).
2. Rondo has more assists in four games (51) than the rest of team has combined over five games (49). He's also been ejected more times than everyone combined.
3. Mickael Pietrus is sixth on the team in playoff minutes with 92 and trails Avery Bradley by a considerable amount for fifth. Yet somehow, Pietrus leads the team in personal fouls (15). Mikki Moore tips his hat to you, sir.
OK, it's late. That's all I've got.
See everyone tomorrow.
Rich can be reached at email@example.com. Follow Rich on Twitter at http:twitter.comrich_levine
By Dane Carbaugh, NBCSports.com Pro Basketball Talk
Rasheed Wallace is a man of many talents. Playing basketball. Getting ejected. Helping the disenfranchised. Throwing towels. He’s a Renaissance man, really.
Oh, and apparently he does a spot-on Doc Rivers impersonation.
During a segment on Kevin Garnett’s “Area 21” TV show, Wallace not only brought attention to the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, but was able to emulate the Los Angeles Clippers coach strikingly well. It came while Wallace was breaking down Rivers recent explosion and ejection from a game against the Brooklyn Nets, an outburst for which he was fined $15,000.
From the Area 21 Twitter page:
Tune into CSN to watch the Celtics host the Sacramento Kings at TD Garden. You can also click here to watch the Celtics livestream presented by McDonald's on the NBC Sports App. Coverage begins at 7 p.m. with Celtics Pregame Live Presented by ACE Ticket.
- Game Preview: Watch out for Cousins' supporting cast
- Channel Finder: Make sure you know where to watch
[SHOP: Gear up, Celtics fans!]
- Live Extra FAQ: All your questions answered
- Latest on the Celtics: All of the most recent news and notes
- Talk about the game via social media on CSN's Pulse, presented by Ford