One more quick post before we call it a day.
I was just skimming through the Celtics team playoff stats, and through five games, there have certainly be a few strange developments.
Here are three:
1. Rajon Rondo is shooting better from the foul line than Ray Allen. Not that Rondo's been any good he's only 5 for 9. But Ray is an unholy 4 for 8 from the stripe. (This is where I'm supposed to make a "maybe the Mayans were right" joke, but I'm afraid that if we all keep doing that it might actually come true).
2. Rondo has more assists in four games (51) than the rest of team has combined over five games (49). He's also been ejected more times than everyone combined.
3. Mickael Pietrus is sixth on the team in playoff minutes with 92 and trails Avery Bradley by a considerable amount for fifth. Yet somehow, Pietrus leads the team in personal fouls (15). Mikki Moore tips his hat to you, sir.
OK, it's late. That's all I've got.
See everyone tomorrow.
Rich can be reached at email@example.com. Follow Rich on Twitter at http:twitter.comrich_levine
The New York Knicks arrive in Boston tonight with the accompanying "Melo-drama" of Carmelo Anthony's disintegrating relationship with team president Phil Jackson.
Anthony would have to waive his no-trade clause to leave New York and Boston has been an oft-rumored destination.
On "The Toucher and Rich Show", the longtime voice of the Celtics, Mike Gorman, said he hopes it doesn't happen.
"I don't get it. I don't see it," Gorman said. "He's a ball stopper. One of the things that always intrigued me about Carmelo is when he's played with Team USA or an Olympic team, often he's the best player. Then you go and see him in a regular-season game and you say, 'Oh no, no."'
Tune into CSN to watch the Celtics host the Knicks at TD Garden. You can also click here to watch the Celtics livestream presented by McDonald's on the NBC Sports App. Coverage begins at 7 p.m. with Celtics Pregame Live Presented by ACE Ticket.
- Game Preview: Thomas scoring at record pace in fourth quarter
- Channel Finder: Make sure you know where to watch
[SHOP: Gear up, Celtics fans!]
- Live Extra FAQ: All your questions answered
- Latest on the Celtics: All of the most recent news and notes
- Talk about the game via social media on CSN's Pulse, presented by Ford