On Saturday night the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers will fight in an elimination Game 7 to advance out of the Eastern Conference Semifinals and take on the Miami Heat in the Conference Finals. Here are seven stats to keep in mind for Game 7.
1. The Celtics and 76ers have identical postseason records at 7-5 each.
2. How much will the Garden factor into tonight's game? The Celtics and 76ers share the same homeroad records this postseason. Both teams are 5-1 at home and 4-2 on the road.
3. The Celtics are 1-0 this postseason when playing on Saturday. They won Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals Series on Saturday, May 12 in Boston. The 76ers are 0-2 on the same day of the week, also losing on April 28 to the Chicago Bulls in the first round.
4. The third quarter has been a turning point for the Celtics several times. They are 4-3 when leading or tied after halftime, but once pulling ahead in the next 12 minutes, they are 5-0 when ahead or tied after the third.
5. The Celtics and 76ers have faced off seven times in a Game 7. The C's have a 4-2 advantage all-time. The Sixers are 1-3 in Game 7's played in Boston.
6. During the Eastern Conference Semifinals, Rajon Rondo passed Dennis Johnson for fifth place in Celtics franchise postseason assists. He needs 14 to tie Bill Russell, who holds the fourth spot with 770 playoff dimes as a Celtic.
7. Neither team has won back-to-back games in this series.