Tyler Seguin checked in this week after undergoing offseason hand surgery last month, and said that hes doing well in rehab.
The 19-year-old played through the last month plus of the regular season and the postseason with a dislocated tendon in the middle finger of his left hand. The surgery took place in early May and Seguin indicated its a 10-week recovery process that should leave him at full strength at the start of Bs training camp.
Seguin even joked on Twitter immediately after the surgery that he was having issues trying to eat a burrito with one hand.
The Bs leading scorer from last season wont be able to fully hit the weights and heavy training until the hand recovers in July, but told CSNNE.com on Monday that he was making good progress in his rehab.
It's alright and the cast is off, wrote Seguin in a text message. I just can't get a full fist yet and dont have full range of movement, so Im doing therapy.
Seguin led the Bruins with 29 goals and 67 points during the year and admirably potted an overtime game-winner in the playoffs despite playing with a significant amount of pain in his left hand. The hand issues was the first major injury Seguin has suffered with the Black and Gold, and the forward progress this month was a good sign for a player so important to Bostons future.