* Scott Burnside has the story of the Dallas Stars living on the playoff precipice right now, but also fighting the good fight.
* Brad Boyes is frustrated with the way the Florida Panthers aren’t prepared to play games lately as they fade off into the Florida sunset.
* Rich Peverley is nominated for the Masterton Trophy, but told the media that he “doesn’t want it” this season. Instead he said he’ll deserve it if he returns next season.
* Greg Wyshynski sounds off on Brooks Orpik, Mike Milbury and the notion of retribution. It’s a well-written piece, but one that I totally disagree with.
* Mark Lazarus says that a healthy Jonathan Toews is much more important than vengeance against Brooks Orpik. My question: Why not get both just to be doubly safe?
* PHT writer and FOH (Friend of Haggs) Jason Brough has Ron Wilson knowing exactly what Randy Carlyle is going through with the Maple Leafs.
* For something completely different: Some snap judgments from MLB Opening Day.