* Marc Spector asks if a separatist owner in Quebec is good business for the NHL, and the answer is most probably “no.”
* Dallas News writer Mike Heika gives some observations on the Rich Peverley situation where sports and life are crashing together.
* A rundown of the fascinating conversation between Ken Dryden and Bob Costas, and why the NHL should give up on fighting. I totally disagree with Dryden, but I respect the way he expresses his point.
* Marek and Wyshysnki have Strombo on their very excellent podcast to talk about his new role as the ringleader for Hockey Night in Canada.
* Elliotte Friedman gives his 30 thoughts for the week, including a number of myth-busting takes on the combustible situation in Vancouver with the Canucks.
* An interesting behind-the-scenes look from FOH (Friend of Haggs) Craig Custance at the league reacting to the Rich Peverley situation during the GM meetings in Boca Raton.
* For something completely different: I was never much of a Rick Reilly or Sports Illustrated fan, but apparently his giving up his writing gig was a big deal when he announced it this week.