* Elliotte Friedman has some thoughts about the Sabres/Leafs brawl that was the talk of the preseason.
* Andrew Ference was named the 14th captain of the Edmonton Oilers hockey club, and will be looking to bring the Oil back to the playoffs after a long drought with a talented, young team.
* The New York Rangers cut their roster to 23 players, and audition Brad Richards and Derek Stepan on a line with Rick Nash. That’s quite a leap for a guy that was scratched in the playoffs last year.
* Plenty of dynasty talk with the Chicago Blackhawks after their Cup win, and we’re not talking the duck kind.
* A good look at Bobby Orr by Bob Hohler, as he’s got a new book in the works and continues to do good while keeping his name out of the spotlight.
* For something completely different: Jose Canseco thinks that he can fix the Chicago Cubs. I wonder if that is or without the wonder juice?