- The New York Islanders are making their push toward the playoffs this spring, and don’t plan on falling short this time. A pretty cool “We Want the Playoffs!” chant actually filled Nassau Coliseum recently.
- NHL ruffian Raffi Torres gets a mixed reaction from Sharks fans upon joining the San Jose organization for their playoff push.
- Ryan Lambert from Puck Daddy says the Southeast Division is truly terrible, and fills everybody in on a few other things that he’s learned over the last week.
- The Days of Y’Orr boys are back with Alexei Emelin out for the season after a poor life choice going after Milan Lucic on Saturday night.
- FOH (Friend of Haggs) Craig Custance outlines how the NHL is going to continue growing the game as they roll out some plans for the next couple of seasons.
- An interesting piece here: tracking the mysterious internet hockey insiders and how accurate they were at the NHL trade deadline.
- Guy Boucher speaks after the firing as head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- For something completely different: GQ catches up with Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss and gets some interesting takes on her male counterparts on the show.
Morning Skate: Monday April 8
April 8, 2013, 1:00 pm