- In praise of Adam Oates as the Washington Capitals continue their solid run from about midway through this season.
- FOH (Friend of Haggs) Chris Johnston breaks down what went wrong for the Maple Leafs in Game 1, and what they plan on doing differently.
- Elliotte Friedman lets everybody in on his NHL Awards ballot, and his 30 Thoughts for the week.
- Carolina columnist Eric DeCock thinks the Hurricanes need to consider trading Jeff Skinner for some defensemen help.
- The Ottawa Sun uses bloody images from the aftermath of the Eric Gryba/Lars Eller collision as their front page fodder. That’s going to ruffle a few feathers in 911-happy Montreal.
- Brian Burke is taking a stand against the unseemly world of the online haters, and should have everyone backing up behind him in support.
- For something completely different: SportsNet TV reporter Ian Mendes is a rebel and a loner. Okay, well maybe he’s neither of those things, but he is addicted to naps.
Celtics coach Brad Stevens says every team has losses it's "really sick about." Losing to the undermanned Heat on Wednesday qualifies.