- Woody Paige wants the Colorado Avalanche to hire a college hockey coach that won national titles in Denver. I never thought I’d actually link to a Woody Paige column, like, ever on the morning skate.
- Ben Arthur chronicles the Maple Leafs holding on against the Bruins while forcing a winner take all Game 7.
- Mike Keenan will be heading over to Russia to take on a head coaching gig with Metallurg in the KHL.
- The Anaheim Ducks are a pretty low morale group after their Game 7 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. That’s usually what happens when you lose.
- Marc Spector says that there’s not too much room for the little guy in the NHL these days.
- Dion Phaneuf goes from goat to playoff hero in just a few games for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Kevin Kurz previews the upcoming battle of California in the Stanley Cup playoffs between the Los Angeles Kings and the San Jose Sharks.
- For something completely different: What is the problem with the TV depictions of superheroes?
Morning Skate: May 13
May 13, 2013, 12:15 pm