- Ruslan Fedotenko is giving the Philadelphia Flyers exactly what they need down the stretch, but that may make him into a valuable chip come the NHL trade deadline.
- The Guy Boucher era is over in Tampa Bay as the Lightning fired the charismatic coach that repeatedly called Tim Thomas an “enigma” during the playoffs two years. The end always has to come for every Bond Villain, right?
- A round up of stories and hearsay around the NHL including Alex Kovalev voicing regret about choosing Ottawa over Montreal during free agency at a crossroads in his career.
- Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Kostka remains conscious of the good fortune that’s allowed him to carve out a niche at the NHL level.
- Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley wants no part of the Jarome Iginla trade talk surrounding his hockey club right now.
- Washington Capitals forward Mike Ribeiro wants a long term deal if he’s going to stay in Washington, otherwise he might become a chip over the next few days.
- Minnesota Wild winger Devin Setoguchi is coming on strong after some first half struggles with a new team.
- For something completely different: Bill Simmons weighs in on the Walking Dead after one of the all-time episodes aired on Sunday night. Merle will always live on in the hearts of stubborn rednecks everywhere.
Morning Skate: March 25th
March 25, 2013, 12:45 pm