- What the hell happened to Adam Deadmarsh? It’s a good question and one that this blog attempts to answer. Great hockey last name: only one better would be if a Johnny Deathpool comes along in the next few years.
- Let’s catch up with our favorite AHL enforcer, Providence Bruins tough guy Bobby Robins: he calls for his readers to go on a hero’s quest and provides some helpful hints on quitting chewing tobacco. I know that second one is a difficult achievement for a lot of people.
- A good piece in the Vancouver Sun about Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky on the day following No. 4’s 65th birthday.
- Answering hockey questions including some about Jarome Iginla’s future and where it resides.
- Craig Custance with a good piece at ESPN.com about why NHL teams trade early, and why that preference is being stone-walled in this abridged 48-game season. Peter Chiarelli admits its been problematic for him after getting Kaberle, Kelly and Peverley 10 days in advance of the trade deadline two years ago.
- For something different: Some thoughts from Charlie Pierce are always worthy of inclusion in the morning skate.
The claim that a big-time NBA free agent will never come to Boston is fundamentally flawed. Here's why.