- The Edmonton Oilers haven’t made the most of some of the trades they’ve made during past NHL trade deadlines.
- A column about why hockey parents need a crash course in playing nice, and I can say firsthand that I’ve seen hockey parents get way more out of control than parents in any other sport.
- A wild AHL brawl spills into the benches and beyond.
- Marian Gaborik and the New York Rangers continue to be an odd fit, and the New York Post’s Larry Brooks spells out some of the reasons behind it.
- Ryan Miller jokes about the ‘death pool’ for the Buffalo Sabres’ playoff chances this season, and also says publicly that Patrick Kaleta needs to “grow up.” Miller is one ornery skinny jeans-wearing goaltender, isn’t he?
- Barry Trotz is still learning all of his lessons all of these years later, and the Nashville Predators are a better organization because of it.
- Nice piece by Kevin Paul Dupont about Celtics legend Bob Cousy still resonating 50 years after his playing days.
- And an epic radio appearance by Bill Walton on St. Patrick’s Day from a couple of years ago. One day late for March 17, but still good.
Morning Skate: March 18th
March 18, 2013, 10:15 am