- The Bruins have been scouting the Calgary Flames as of late, and no doubt continue their potential pursuit of Jarome Iginla prior to the trade deadline.
- Bruce Boudreau is bringing a love of hockey to those around the Anaheim area as the Ducks sally forth with their epic season.
- The Calgary Flames players are happy about the current state of the NHL despite a whopping 20 percent escrow for this season.
- The Ottawa Senators beef up their lineup with heavyweight Matt Kassian after acquiring him from the Minnesota Wild. So, now the Montreal Canadiens are the only Bruins foe in the Northeast division that hasn’t added a 6-foot-5 fire-breathing dragon to their roster.
- The Toronto Marlies respond to Jake Gardiner’s agent’s tweet asking for him to be freed from the AHL, and presumably the Maple Leafs organization. Things are taking a turn for the ugly there.
- More thoughts and hot hockey takes about the Kaspars Daugavins shootout move in Ottawa’s loss to the Bruins on Monday night.
- Ryan Whitney is regaining his offensive toughness with the Edmonton Oilers. He might be somebody to watch when looking at potential defensemen trade candidates for the Boston Bruins. You can never have enough local guys on the Black and Gold that can play.
- For something different: a Cambridge mathematician says that the math problem solved by Good Will Hunting wasn’t all that difficult.
Morning Skate: March 13th
March 13, 2013, 1:00 pm