- The President of the Dallas Stars writes a letter to the fans explaining their sell moves at the NHL trade deadline.
- Pierre Lebrun breaks down the trade between the Capitals and the Predators where many Washington fans were surprised they dealt away Phillip Forsberg so quickly.
- Ryan Clowe and a slew of the other trade deadline additions came through in a big way for the New York Rangers. Clowe should be really interesting to watch on that Rangers, but I’ll be curious if he can sustain his play.
- The Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames took polar opposite approaches at the NHL trade deadline.
- New York Islanders GM Garth Snow said he didn’t want to disturb the chemistry for his potentially playoff-bound club, so he stood pat at the trade deadline. Much to the chagrin of the many that wanted Mark Streit.
- Puck Daddy takes a statistical look at Jarome Iginla and Jaromir Jagr, and says there’s a cold, hard statistical argument to be made that the Bruins are better off with Jagr at the trade deadline.
- Bucky Gleason says that Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier shouldn’t have a chance to rebuild the hockey club after messing it up so badly.
- For something completely different: a letter to the Boston Globe about pro athletes and charities written by Boston Red Sox lefty reliever Craig Breslow.
Morning Skate: April 4th
April 4, 2013, 1:45 pm