- The trio of babies used in the “Baby Geniuses” movie have all committed to play hockey at Bemidji State. That’s a funny story.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs wanted a Miikka Kiprusoff deal, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins finally kiss their winning streak goodbye shortly after Sidney Crosby goes out with a broken jaw. Things are getting a little bitter down in Pittsburgh lately.
- The Islanders don’t plan on trading Mark Streit despite the fact they can’t come to an agreement on a contract extension. That’s going to make a lot of teams looking for defensemen disappointed.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are in a pretty good place this season no matter what they do at the NHL trade deadline.
- For something completely different: We have confirmation that Jimmy Fallon is going to replace Jay Leno on the Tonight Show. I think that’s a great move.
Morning Skate: April 3rd
April 3, 2013, 1:00 pm