- New Jersey Devils forward David Clarkson doesn’t have any kind of preconceived plan for free agency when it hits on July 1.
- A heart-warming story about how Matt Cooke relies on family and the city of Pittsburgh when the world gets mean to him.
- Ilya Kovalchuk says that 2013 was probably his worst season through injuries and a tough 48-game compacted schedule.
- Winnipeg Free Press columnist Gary Lawless says that “something more is required” as the Jets once again fall just short of the playoffs.
- In a related development, former Bruins forward Blake Wheeler says “I’m sick of going home” when the playoffs begin.
- CSN Philly compatriot Tim Panaccio notes the team awards handed out to Flyers players as their season winds down.
- For something completely different: incredible story of the Chinese carjacking victim recounting a harrowing night with the two Marathon bombing terrorists.
This is the second in a series of position-by-position looks at the Patriots by Tom E. Curran and Phil Perry as we head into the offseason. Today's position: Cornerback