- A moving story about Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle, who wore a “Martin Richard” jersey during pregame warm-ups last weekend and will now hand deliver the jersey to the Richard Family in Dorchester.
- The Ottawa Sun has a burning question: Why is Pittsburgh Penguins enforcer Matt Cooke so interested in Don Brennan’s package? You don’t see a headline like that every day.
- Jason Brough says there is optimism in Vancouver again, and that’s probably making him and Mike Halford pretty happy. Viva Vancouver!
- Sean McIndoe writes for Grantland and says that the Toronto Maple Leafs have a few things to learn about the playoffs.
- The Winnipeg Jets have been hoping to play in important games at the end of the season, and they’ll have one of them on Tuesday night against the Washington Capitals.
- Shawn Thornton is a tree hugger?
- Brad Marchand is proud to be in Boston, and has a few nuggets on a range of subjects including a stressful week with Marathon bombings and some very emotional on-ice ceremonies.
- For something completely different: Friends, family and strangers mourn fallen officer Sean Collier.
Morning Skate: April 23
April 23, 2013, 1:30 pm