Three things we learned from the Boston Red Sox' 8-3 win over the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday night.
BOSTON - Quotes, notes and stars from the Boston Red Sox' 8-3 win over Colorado Rockies:
"This is a very good fastball-hitting team and his ability to change speeds tonight was very (impressive).'' - John Farrell on David Price.
"Their preparation, their understanding of what their daily routine is. They come ready to play every single night. They come ready to play every single night. They're ready every single night when that first pitch is thrown.'' - Farrell on the team's explosiveness in the first inning.
"This game is a learning process and these kids work extremely hard every day. They want to be good. It's fun to watch.'' - David Ortiz on the core of young players and their success.
"As the game went on, I got stronger and that's good. I still want to be able to finish games better than I have my last couple of outings.'' - David Price.
* Jackie Bradley Jr's hitting streak was extended to 28 games with a second-inning double.
* Xander Bogaerts extended his own hitting streak to 17 games when he doubled in the first
* The Red Sox saw their team streak of 22 straight games with at least one home run snapped.
* Dustin Pedroia posted his fourth straight multi-hit interleague game.
* David Ortiz (four RBI) has 13 multi-RBI games.
* The Red Sox are 12-2 in their last 14 home games
* David Price crossed the 1,500 inning threshold for his career, one of 11 active pitchers to reach that mark.
* Christian Vazquez delivered his first career triple.
1) David Ortiz
Ortiz slapped a single through the shortstop hole for two quick runs in the first, then added a two-run double in the fourth for a four RBI night.
2) Dustin Pedroia
Pedroia helped set the table at the top of the batting order, reaching base four times (three hits, one walk) while scoring two runs.
3) David Price
He took the early 2-0 (and 4-1) lead and ran with it, attacking the Rockies lineup and completing seven strong innings.
Chris Gasper and Dan Shaughnessy join Arbella Early Edition to discuss the Red Sox decisions with the bullpen this season.