Red Sox: Nothing new on Napoli

Red Sox: Nothing new on Napoli
December 26, 2012, 9:58 pm
Share This Post

Its been more than three weeks since a deal between the Red Sox and free agent Mike Napoli was reported at the winter meetings. But, there has been relatively little to report since then. And, that remains the situation.

On a Wednesday afternoon conference call with the media, Sox assistant general manager Brian OHalloran -- filling in for GM Ben Cherington, who is traveling -- could offer no updates.

I cant comment on that specifically, OHalloran said. Nothing new from what Ben said the last time he spoke with the media. We continue to talk to a number of free agents and the conversations are on-going as Ben alluded to previously.