Kyle Draper has the headlines and highlights for Saturday, July 13th, including the official end of an era as Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are officially traded to the Brooklyn Nets.
* The Celtics on Friday finalized the trade that sends Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry to the Brooklyn Nets.
Danny Ainge offered his thanks for their contributions.
"We would like to thank Paul, Kevin and Jason for everything that they have done for this franchise. We would not have won Banner 17 without Paul and Kevin and they will go down amongst the all-time great players to have ever worn a Celtics uniform."
* John Lackey continued his revival tour with another strong outing on Friday in Oakland.
Lackey picked up his fourth win in his last five starts, going seven innings and allowing two earned runs.
The Sox jumped out to a 2-0 lead courtesy of double by Brock Holt.
The A's tied things up with solo runs in the fifth and sixth innings, but Dustin Pedroia ensured that Lackey picked up a win by belting a two-run, two-out single in the eighth.
Koji Uehara pitched a clean ninth and picked up his eighth save.
* The Sox bolstered their bullpen on Friday, acquiring LHP Matt Thornton from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for minor league outfielder Brandon Jacobs.
* The Bruins showed Patrice Bergeron some love on Friday, giving their center an eight-year contract worth $52 million. The deal likely means that Bergeron will end his career with the Black and Gold.
* For more on the day's events, check out the video above.