This NFL star could miss the rest of the season

845381.jpg

This NFL star could miss the rest of the season

From Comcast SportsNetCHICAGO (AP) -- Brian Urlacher acknowledged he could miss the rest of the regular season because of a hamstring injury, meaning the linebacker might have played his last game with the Chicago Bears.In an interview Tuesday with FOX Chicago, Urlacher said doctors told him he could be out "two to four weeks, three, could be four." The Chicago Tribune, citing sources, reported earlier in the day that he was expected to miss three games and possibly the rest of the regular season because of a Grade 2 right hamstring strain.Urlacher, who has an expiring contract, came up lame in coverage on the second-to-last snap of Sunday's overtime loss to Seattle. The eight-time Pro Bowl player said "100 percent, yes," he expects to be ready for the postseason, assuming they make it.That's not quite a given at the moment, even though they're tied with Green Bay for the NFC North lead at 8-4. A win at Minnesota this week would go a long way toward securing a spot, but with four games left, they still have some work to do.Their only remaining home game is against the Packers, and after that, they travel to Arizona and Detroit. They've been banged up lately and dropped three of four, so the Bears are hardly peaking at the moment.With an uncertain future in Chicago, it's possible Urlacher has played his final down for the Bears."I do not think that's going to happen," he told the TV station. "But, if it does, I have had a really good and long career so I would be sad, but I would not be crushed."He's been slowed by a knee injury this year and clearly isn't as explosive.Now, he's dealing with the hamstring issue.Without Urlacher, Nick Roach figures to move from strong side to middle linebacker with Geno Hayes likely starting at strong side linebacker.The Bears also signed linebacker Dom DeCicco to a two-year deal Tuesday to add depth at the position. He appeared in in all 16 games for Chicago last season and finished second on the team with 17 special teams tackles.

Halftime stars, studs and duds: Celtics struggling with three-pointers

celtics_rockets_avery_bradley_120516.jpg

Halftime stars, studs and duds: Celtics struggling with three-pointers

You knew the 3-point shots were going to be flying all game long when the Boston Celtics and Houston Rockets tipped off Monday night. 
 
Now whether they would go in, that’s another matter entirely. 
 
Boston’s struggles with knocking down the long ball played a pivotal role in them going into the half trailing the Houston Rockets, 58-48.
 
Houston, the NBA’s leader in three-pointers made (14.0) and taken (37.0), were 8-for-21 in the first half on 3s while the Celtics were a not-so-impressive 5-for-18.
 
Despite the shooting struggles, Boston managed to lead 37-36 after a driving lay-up by Jaylen Brown. 
 
But the Rockets had too much firepower and when they weren’t knocking down shots, they were getting to the free throw line where there 18-for-20 compared to Boston which was just 1-for-2.
Here are the first half Stars, Studs and Duds from Monday’s game. 

 

STARS
 
James Harden

The MVP candidate was bringing it all areas, scoring 21 points to go with seven assists. But he was far from perfect, evident by his six turnovers. 
 
Isaiah Thomas

He led the Celtics with 11 points, but looks to be growing frustrated with the lack of calls going the Celtics’ way. Near the end of the second quarter, Thomas was grimacing while holding his right groin. But it didn’t appear to be too big a deal as he hit a 3-pointer just moments later. But it’s worth keeping an eye on in the second half. 
 

STUDS
 
Jaylen Brown

He gave Boston a surprisingly strong lift off the Celtics bench. At the half, he had seven points which included a lay-up that put Boston ahead 37-36.

Trevor Ariza

He doesn’t get a ton of attention, but Ariza’s play has been one of the keys to Houston’s success this season. At the half he had 10 points and six rebounds.

 

DUDS
 
Jonas Jerebko

He got the start tonight, but looks nothing like the high-energy, impact player he has been of late while coming off the bench. He was scoreless in the first half while missing all three of his shot attempts. 

New photo surfaces of noticeably thinner Pablo Sandoval

New photo surfaces of noticeably thinner Pablo Sandoval

When it comes to Pablo Sandoval and his weight, a picture is worth a thousand words.

During spring training it wasn’t a good thing. Sandoval made headlines when a number of photos revealed significant weight gain for the Red Sox third baseman.

But the last two images have been more positive for Sandoval.

In October, a noticeably thinner Sandoval was photographed at an FC Barcelona game.

On Monday, Dan Roche of WBZ tweeted a more recent picture of the new-look Sandoval.

Sandoval, 30, is entering the third season of a five-year, $95 million contract. In his lone full season in Boston, 2015, Sandoval hit .245/.292/.366 with 10 homers and 47 RBI.