- Michael Felger, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Logan Mankins, Mike Flynn, Tom Curran, and Mike Giardi to headline Season Two of “Football Day in New England” with Two-Hour Pre-Game and 90 Minute Post-Game Shows
- Five Additional Dedicated Weekly Shows to Return to Network, including Patriots Wednesday Live, Quick Slants, Patriots Football Weekly, New England Tailgate, and Patriots This Week
BURLINGTON, MA, September 3, 2013 - The NFL season is upon us and Comcast SportsNet will once again bring viewers the most comprehensive regional coverage of the New England Patriots all season long. The network will welcome back seven weekly football programs headlined by “Football Day in New England” which includes weekly Pregame Live and Postgame Live shows on every Patriots game day. Additional returning shows include Patriots Wednesday Live, Quick Slants, Patriots Football Weekly, New England Tailgate and Patriots This Week.
“Football Day in New England” presented by your New England Acura Dealers will return for its second season after a successful 2012-13 season launch. The day will begin with Pre-game Live which will take place two hours immediately prior to every game, once again the only regional television program to do so. Pregame Live presented by Nissan will include a detailed preview of the day’s match-up and will be highly interactive with live Facebook, Twitter and CSNNE.com fan questions answered throughout the show with assistance from Abby Chin and others. Post-game Live presented by Twin River Casino will also be an interactive platform in which fans can weigh in on that day’s match-up and will run approximately 90-minutes immediately following the game. Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins will appear live from the field after each game.
The talent team will include Michael Felger as host along with expert offensive and defensive perspectives from analysts Troy Brown, Ty Law and Mike Flynn. CSNNE.com Patriots Insider Tom E. Curran and Mike Giardi will report from inside the stadium with additional contributions from CSNNE.com’s Mary Paoletti. On CSNNE.com, Felger and Brown host the only live and local recap of the first half on AT&T Halftime Live.
Additional shows throughout the week include Patriots Wednesday Live which will debut on Wednesday, September 4,and will air weekly throughout the season from Noon – 1PM. The show provides exclusive coverage of the team’s mid-week press conference with Patriots Coach Bill Belichick and Quarterback Tom Brady and gives fans the first preview of the upcoming game. Patriots Hall of Fame member Troy Brown provides analysis with host Gary Tanguay. Curran and Giardi also join from Foxborough and each week interview a Patriots player live.
Comcast SportsNet will also bring back “New England Football Night” presented by AT&T which will debut Thursday, September 5, and includes three exclusive 30-minute football programs.
- New England Tailgate presented by Town Fair Tire is in its 15th year with the well-established team of Glenn Ordway and NFL veterans Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie. The show will air at 7PM and provides viewers with highlights and a review of the Patriots’ prior game; preview of their upcoming opponent; play breakdowns on CSN’s new touchscreen; predictions and bold commentary.
- Patriots Football Weekly follows at 7:30PM. Shot on-location at Gillette Stadium, this show delivers exclusive access from the writers who work on the inside for the Patriots’ weekly magazine “Patriots Football Weekly”.
- Quick Slants presented by Nissan, will air at its new time 8PM and is hosted by Curran and Paoletti. This original CSNNE.com production is an interactive, high-energy and blunt discussion with fans and CSNNE talent. Quick Slants will feature a one-on-one with Patriots captain Jerod Mayo and weekly national guests including former Patriots VP or Player Personnel Scott Pioli and Rotoworld.com fantasy expert Kay Adams.
Patriots This Week will make its season debut on Friday, September 6th and will air weekly on Friday nights. The show is a no holds barred discussion with passionate debate and timely analysis from host Scott Zolak along with a rotating roster of former Patriots players
In addition to the above dedicated football programs, Comcast SportsNet will continue to offer fans the most daily and nightly coverage of the Patriots with 98.5 the Sports Hub’s Felger & Mazz show, Chevrolet SportsNet Central, UNO’s Sports Tonight and Sports Sunday. The network will also provide hours of dedicated coverage surrounding key NFL events like the Super Bowl (featuring 20 plus hours of Felger & Mazz from New York), NFL Draft, and more.
For robust digital coverage of the Patriots, fans can log on to CSNNE.com where Curran and Paoletti lead the football coverage. Fans can visit Patriots Pulse on CSNNE.com to track everything social around the Patriots using #PariotsTalk. Andy Gresh’s Grades will return each week during the regular season and playoffs, breaking down the play of the team and component parts. Additionally, CSNNE.com will once again offer daily video updates from practice, full video-on-demand from SportsNet Central and Sports Tonight, video highlights of Patriots Wednesday Live, and more.
About Comcast SportsNet New England
Comcast SportsNet New England reaches more than 4 million households in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Comcast SportsNet’s programming includes the Boston Celtics, New England Revolution, Chevrolet SportsNet Central, UNO’S Sports Tonight, Sports Sunday, Celtics Now, Celtics Courtside Club, The Baseball Show, Quick Slants, New England Tailgate, New England Football Night, Football Day in New England including pre and post-game programs surrounding all Patriots games, CAA football, basketball and more. CSNNE.com, the online home of Comcast SportsNet, provides continuous news, video and in-depth, up-to-the-minute coverage of New England sports. Comcast SportsNet New England is part of the NBC Sports Group. Visit www.csnne.com for more information. Check local listings for the specific channel location for your area.
Skip Perham, Comcast SportsNet New England – 781.270.7252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Hannon, Comcast SportsNet New England – 781.270.7240 or email@example.com