Blake Griffin is now a very rich man

749462.jpg

Blake Griffin is now a very rich man

From Comcast SportsNet
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Clippers have signed All-Star forward Blake Griffin to a five-year contract extension that could be worth up to 95 million. The team announced the deal late Tuesday night. The deal could keep Griffin, who could opt out after four years, in a Clippers uniform until 2018. He will earn 7.2 million next season. "Happy to officially sign my extension to (hashtag)clippernation for 5 more years. Can't wait. Thanks for all the support," Griffin tweeted. Teammate Chris Paul retweeted Griffin and added, "Yessirrrrr CONGRATS BG!!!" Griffin averaged 20.7 points, 10.9 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 66 games last season, helping the Clippers to a 40-26 record -- their first winning season since 2005-06 and their first playoff berth since then, as well. They beat Memphis in the first round, with Griffin averaging 18.0 points and 6.4 rebounds, before losing to San Antonio in the conference semifinals. Griffin has been training with the U.S. Olympic basketball team in Las Vegas in preparation for the London Games that begin July 27. Under the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement, players coming off their rookie-scale contract are eligible to sign for 30 percent of the salary cap if voted to start in two All-Star games, are named to an All-NBA team twice or are named the most valuable player. Every team is allowed one designated player who can get a five-year maximum extension on his rookie contract.

Brown apologizes for 'distraction' caused by Facebook Live video

Brown apologizes for 'distraction' caused by Facebook Live video

Pittsburgh Steelers wideout Antonio Brown posted an apology on social media Tuesday night for his Facebook Live video that has caused a stir over the last few days.

"I let my emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me, and I wanted to share that moment with our fans," said Brown in a statement on his Twitter. ""It was wrong of me to do, against team and NFL policy, and I have apologized to Coach Tomlin and my teammates for my actions.

"I'm sorry to them for letting it become a distraction and something that they've had to answer questions about while we're preparing for a big game on Sunday."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday that he has “absolutely no worries on the video's effect" on Sunday's game against the Patriots, but it was "selfish and inconsiderate" of his star wide receiver.

Brown could still be fined for violating the league's social-media policy. The policy states that players, coaches and football operations personnel are banned from using social media on game days 90 minutes before kickoff, during games, and before "traditional media interviews."

Koppen: Antonio Brown should know locker room isn’t time for Facebook posts

Koppen: Antonio Brown should know locker room isn’t time for Facebook posts

Former NFL player Dan Koppen says the team locker room after a win is a sacred place and that Steelers WR Antonio Brown should know not to be posting on Facebook.