Each day, the Comcast SportsNet staff gathers in the early afternoon to discuss that evening's Arbella Early Edition show. And each afternoon, Gary Tanguay will post the minutes of that meeting, giving you an idea of what to expect on that night's show, which begins at 6:30 p.m.
QUICK ASIDE: It's my understanding that Toucher and Rich had a few good chuckles about our meeting minutes. From what I heard, the main criticism was some of the attendees in our meeting were not known to the reader, i.e., Phil Perry, Georgetown graduate and former lead singer of the band Mr. Fred. He is also one of our web writers, and a fine one at that. My intention in including Phil in our meeting minutes is so our loyal readers may learn about the people behind the scenes who never get enough credit for the work they do. As a matter of fact, I consider Fred and Rich to be my role models in that area, as they have given new careers to Adolfo, Mike and Dan.
DATE: Thursday, March 13, 2014
SITE: CSNNE Conference Room
TOPIC: Arbella Early Edition Content
ATTENDING: John Zannis, executive producer; Bill Walsh, show producer; Trenni Kusnierek, tonight's guest co-host; Nate Long, producer; Jason Levine, Webmaster/mentioned on T and R; Jimmy Canada, Web geek. And featuring . . . Gary Tanguay.
1. Before Bill Walsh could open the meeting, Jason Levine launched into T&R ripping our meeting minutes. Then Nate Long said his brother loves to hear T&R play the Tanguay “Yeah” drop. I said we should offer that drop as a ringtone for 99 cents, with the proceeds going to charity. I was laughed at! I was mocked for making such a statement! Nate came to my defense and said, "I bet it would sell 500." I said a thousand. The laughter and mockery continued, so I threw open the question on Twitter. And, well, that thousand might be a bit high. However, I do believe in the idea. Man, if I got paid every time I heard “Yeah!” in public, I could retire. (I take it as a compliment, by the way.)
2. The 'A' block will be the details of Derrelle Revis’ contract. How the deal helps both sides. Genius move by BB.
3. The 'B' block? I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy following Twitter to see if you were interested in buying my ringtone. Here are some of the responses:
- Frank D @AlottaSausage “Suck it Tanguay!”
- @kevintjordan “Yeah”
- Kelly Smith @ wutangmoma “Yes”
- @Tyler_Elliot “Probably not, I already have a hard enough time with women.”
Some also said they would buy "It’s a monster and controversy.” I would bump the price to $1.99 for those.
4. I got off Twitter and came back to the meeting when someone asked if the Patriots should sign Steve Smith. I said yes, if Julian Edelman doesn’t come back. Then we adjourned. I'm really not sure what's happening in the 'B' and 'C' blocks. I guess I'll find out at 6:30, like you.