Each day, the Comcast SportsNet staff gathers in the early afternoon to discuss that evening's Arbella Early Edition show. And each afternoon, Gary Tanguay will post the minutes of that meeting, giving you an idea of what to expect on that night's show, which begins at 6:30 p.m.
DATE: Friday, April 4, 2014
SITE: CSNNE Conference Room
TOPIC: Arbella Early Edition Content
ATTENDING: Bill Walsh (No. 1 Ortiz hater); Kevin Miller (his only red is Cardinal red); Jason Levine (fond of the resurrected Tanguay Ten- Opening Day clip); Jimmy Canada (proud U.S. citizen); Kirk Minihane (via speaker phone). And featuring . . . Gary Tanguay.
Unlike yesterday's marathon, today’s meeting went fairly quickly.
1. There wasn't much to discuss. Most of the show will be reaction to the Red Sox home opener. I thought the ceremony was pretty good. Seeing the firefighters, the fallen firefighter’s families and the Marathon bombing victims was very emotional. Well done by the Red Sox. But I don't need to see the Patriots, Celtics and Bruins at a Red Sox game. I'm all for having the Mayors toss out the first pitch. But,just get them on the mound and start the freaking game!
2. Great to see John Lackey, Dustin Pedroia and Xander Bogaerts get solid applause. I'm sorry, but the David Ortiz hero worship was just too much. To single him out with the trumpets and dramatic music is an insult to the other players. By the way, did the ring say Samsung on it?
3. I love helicopters. I wish I could fly one, and riding in one is a blast, but . . . a chopper doesn't have the same impact as an F-16 flyover. Where were the jets?!
4. Dan Shaughnessy will join us live from Fenway. We'll talk about the star power of Xander Boegarts.
5. For the 'C' block I suggested Bruins talk, but Kevin Miller had a better idea: We'll look ahead to the weekend and talk Bruins, Celtics Tankathon and Final Four.
That's our show on paper. Find out what actually happens on Arbella Early Edition at 6:30 on CSN.